How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters;
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your address and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than 6 years.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe and employ safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and have enterprize-grade security suites (including anti-virus and firewalls) in operation at all times across all our computer systems, servers and render nodes.
Bank details and specific contact information may be present on purchase orders and invoices received from you. This data will be used for the purposes of both submitting and receiving payments and filing tax / vat returns. This data will be stored in accordance with business regulations on our server and within our secure online accountancy package. This system is protected by industry-strength encryption, strong passwords and 2-factor mobile authentication.
- We use a secure, cloud-based email service that is protected by industry-strength encryption technologies, very strong passwords and 2-factor mobile authentication.
- Copies of emails are not stored or archived on any of our computer systems.
- Emails are never forwarded to third parties under any circumstances. In the event that information or screenshots need to be forwarded to a third party to allow them to complete a task, this will be copied into a new email originating from a Thunderstorm FX account.
- Emails are only stored for as long as necessary to complete a project, to comply with business law or for potential legal matters. Exceptions to this include emails that may contain important reference materials relating to ongoing projects.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we will do everything reasonably possible to prevent security breaches and will notify you immediately should one occur and in any way affect you.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required to enable our website to function and to make it possible to provide you with video and interactive content.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible.
- Marketing / Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services. These cookies are are created by third-party social media content providers, such as YouTube, Twitter, Vimeo and Sketchfab.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info
. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org
. If you’d like to opt out of tracking by Google Analytics, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page
Last modification was made 01/02/2021.